9. You can say "115 degrees" without fainting.
8. You can make sun tea instantly.
7. You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
6. Hotter water comes from the cold water tap than the hot one.
5. It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is moving on the streets.
4. You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
3. Hot air balloons can't go.
2. Your biggest bicycle wreck fear:
"What if I get knocked out and lay on the pavement and cook to death"?
And the Number 1 way to know that you're in Las Vegas, Nevada.... is.....
1. You're witness to the little known fact that asphalt has a liquid state.
Here are some brand new State Motto's
. . . .
Look for these on upcoming license plates:
At Least We're not Mississippi
11,623 Eskimos Can't be Wrong!
But It's a Dry Heat
Litterasy Ain't Everthing
As Seen on TV
If You Don't Ski, Don't Bother
Only Dirtier and With Less Character
We Really Do Like the Chemicals in our Water
Ask Us About Our Grandkids
We Put the "Fun" in Fundamentalist Extremism
Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru
(Death to Mainland Scum, But Leave Your Money)
More Than Just Potatoes...
Well Okay, Maybe Not
Please Don't Pronounce the "S"
2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free
We Do Amazing Things with Corn
Dorothy Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names
We're Not All Drunk Cajun Wackos
We're Really Cold,
But We Have Cheap Lobster
A Thinking Man's Delaware
Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden's
First Line of Defense From the Canadians
10,000 Lakes and 10,000,000 Mosquitoes
Come Feel Better About Your Own State
Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars at Work
Land of the Big Sky,
and Very Little Else
Ask About Our State Motto Contest
Lizards Make Excellent Pets
You Have the Right to Remain Silent,
You Have the Right to an Attorney...
Tobacco is a Vegetable
We Really are One of the 50 States!
We Wish We Were In Michigan
Like the Play, only No Singing
Spotted Owl... It's What's For Dinner
Cook With Coal
We're Not REALLY An Island
Remember the Civil War?
We Didn't Actually Surrender
Closer Than North Dakota
The Educashun State
- or -
Elvis is Here . . . Somewhere
Si' Hablo Ing'les
(Yes, I speak English)
How Much Money Would it Take to Get You Here?
Who Says Government Stiffs and Slackjaw Yokels Don't Mix?
Help! We're Overrun By Nerds and Slackers!
Wanna Be Mayor?
One Big Happy Family -- Really!
Come Cut Our Cheese